Genealogy 101 March. 23 – April 26, 2015
Assist patrons with family history research. Read more and register.
Introduction to Spatial Literacy and Online Mapping March 23 – April 12, 2015
Economic concepts and terms essential to understanding… Read more and register.
Xtreme Bibliographic Searching for Interlibrary Loan & Reference April 20 – May 17, 2015 (Live Sessions on Thursdays, Time 1 p.m. CST)
Mansel Pre 56 to Digital Repositories, DOAJ to Trove to HathiTrust. Don’t know those terms…then this course is for you! Read more and register.
NEW COURSE! Learner-Centered Reference and Instruction: Science, Psychology, and Inclusive Pedagogy April 6 – May 17, 2015
This course will introduce library practitioners to empirically sound approaches to learner-centered teaching that can be applied to creating effective reference and instruction services that maximally facilitate student learning. Read more and register.
NEW COURSE! Introduction to Instructional Design for Librarians April 20 – May 31, 2015
Students will learn to use the Instructional Design Process and apply it effectively to library instruction which includes: identifying instructional problems, learner analysis, task analysis, defining instructional objectives, sequencing content, identifying instructional strategies, message design, instructional delivery, and evaluation instruments. Read more and register.
· Boomerang Library Users: Implementing Effective, Enriching and Educational Library programs for target users to Learn and Return
March 18, 2015, 10:30-11:45am
Create and design effective programs for business and pleasure. Read more and register.
· No Thumbs Required: Strategies for a Superior SMS/Text Reference Service March 24, 2015, 2-3:15pm
Connecting the principles of the RUSA Guidelines to the practical realities of the SMS/text medium… Read more and register.
· Universal Design for Learning, Information literacy, and Libraries April 01, 2015,1-2:15pm
Gain information about Universal Design for Learning… Read more and register.
· What is Content Marketing + Should You Be Using It at Your Library? April 03, 2015, 2-3:15pm
Understand content marketing. Read more and register.
· Reference Interviewing: Best Practices in Action April 06, 2015, 1-2pm
How to improve interaction with the online. Read more and register.
· Spice it Up with Pura Belpre! Using Award Winning Titles and Other Resources to Celebrate the Hispanic Influence in Literature for Youth
April 30, 2015, 10-11am Read more and register.
· Exploring Partnerships with Faculty and Other User Groups for Digital Humanities Projects May 12, 2015, 2-3:30pm
Learn to identify partnership opportunities within your institutions. Read more and register.
Marianne K. Braverman, MSW.
Marketing & Programs Manager
Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)
Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)
The American Library Association // 50 E. Huron Street // Chicago, IL 60611
800-545-2433 // p. 312-280-4398 // f. 312-280-5273 // e. email@example.com
Find our divisions online at http://www.ala.org/rusa & http://www.ala.org/ascla