Steven Bell and John Shank, co-founders of the Blended Librarians Online Learning Community and their guest, Julie Evans, invite you to join the next webcast, “Coming Soon to Campus: The New “Free Agent” Learner – Are You Ready?” on Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 3 pm. Eastern.
The dynamic profusion of emerging technologies, both in school and out of school, is propelling today’s K-12 students to make new demands on education institutions for technology-rich learning experiences and environments. Enabled, empowered and engaged, this next wave of students is bringing to college their own set of objectives for 21st century learning. Get a first hand glimpse into the activities, values and aspirations of tomorrow’s students through this webinar presentation by Project Tomorrow CEO, Julie Evans.
Julie Evans is the CEO of Project Tomorrow (http://www.tomorrow.org), a national education nonprofit organization (formerly known as NetDay). Project Tomorrow is dedicated to empowering K-12 students to have a larger voice in improving education and learning. Ms. Evans has been CEO of this organization since 1999. She is a Frances Hesselbein Community Innovation Fellow and a frequent speaker, writer and commentator on children, education, science and technology issues. In April 2008, Ms. Evans was named as one of the Top Ten Most Influential People in Education Technology over the past 10 years by eSchool News, a leading national education publication. This past year, Ms. Evans served on the Project Advisory Boards for both the 2009 Horizon Report for Higher Education and the 2009 K-12 Horizon Report.
Although this event is free, advance registration is required to reserve a virtual seat. If you are already a member of the Blended Librarians Online Learning Community here is a link into the Learning Times Network that will get you to our Community and the registration page:
If you need to join the Blended Librarians Online Community in order to register (no fee to join):
1. Go to the Blended Librarian website at http://blendedlibrarian.org
2. Click on the “Join” button on the home page of Blendedlibrarian.org and follow the instructions.
3. After you receive confirmation of your Learning Times account you can return to this email message and use the link above for registered members of Learning Times. Click on the link, and then register on the next page (you may need to scroll down to see the register button).
4. We recommend that those participating in the webcast obtain a microphone or headset in order to make use of the VoIP technology that allows conversation between the speakers and participants. A microphone or headset is not required to participate.
5. Please plan on allowing yourself sufficient time to log in to the webcast on Oct. 22, 2009. If it is the first time attending a Learning Times event it may take a few extra minutes to log on to their Elluminate webcasting software. Once you have registered for the event you may wish to try the “test room” to make sure your computer is set up and ready to go the day of the webcast.