Save the Date / Call for Proposals!
Our New Frontier: Metaliteracy, Threshold Concepts, New Standards, and Other Wild Ideas
2014 Connecticut Information Literacy Conference
Friday, June 13, 2014
Manchester Community College
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Today’s information literacy landscape can certainly feel like uncharted territory. Lifelong learners require skills in a wide range of literacies including digital, media, and visual. How will these multiple literacies transform the ways in which we interact with students both inside and outside the classroom? What will changing ACRL standards mean to existing information literacy programs? Join library colleagues, faculty members, and other trail blazers from across Connecticut and beyond in discussing how to stake claims in this vast new world of information literacy.
Call for Proposals now through February 28, 2014!
The Connecticut Information Literacy Conference Committee invites you and your colleagues to submit proposals for general session presentations, panel discussions, or breakout workshops (45-50 minutes long with a 10-15 minute Q & A session). Possible ideas to explore include:
– Multiple literacies and implications for the future of academic librarianship
– Transformative teaching methods such as threshold concepts and ‘other wild ideas’
– Innovative ways of building community with faculty and students (e.g., marketing, communication, collaboration, and assessment)
– New ‘law and order’ – incorporating proposed revisions to ACRL’s Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education into existing programs
– Bringing it home: the role of expanding competencies within articulation policies, including Connecticut State Colleges and Universities’ Transfer and Articulation Policy
Team presenters such as faculty-librarian or librarians from multiple institutions are highly encouraged to submit a proposal.
For consideration, please submit your name, institution, contact info, a short bio, title of presentation, and abstract (<150 words) to Joy Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2014.
Presenters will be notified of proposal acceptance by March 21, 2014.