New Online Continuing Education Classes
Registration Open Now: Class Dates March 4 – April 26, 2013
3 CEU credits; Approved for ALA LSSC Certificate Program
Registration Fee per class: $380
Register at https://nku.gosignmeup.com
Click on Library Science
21st Century Library Career Building Series
Northern Kentucky University’s Steely Library
Supervision & Management in Libraries
• Review strategic planning processes relevant to library organizations.
• Explore means to maximize programming even with limited budgets.
• Identify best practices for supporting positive customer service.
• Investigate systems for constructive staff evaluation and development.
• Become familiar with successful group facilitation and leadership techniques.
Library Access Services
• Investigate new technologies for print and electronic collection management and maintenance
• Explore the expanding options for resource sharing and document delivery
• Understand library staff responsibilities for protecting user privacy and ensuring copyright compliance
• Learn techniques for ensuring security of people, equipment and collections in libraries
• Research outstanding programs to enhance community use of the library’s physical facilities
Cataloging & Classification
• Become familiar with state-of-the-art bibliographic utilities.
• Be introduced to professional standards for descriptive and subject cataloging of both print and electronic materials.
• Explore structural organization of subject heading tools.
• Gain hands-on experience with AACR2R cataloging rules and MARC record content fields.
• Reflect upon trends to significantly expand library catalogs in response to user needs.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.