Registration for January 2013 Online Library Science Courses
To register for any of these courses, click here and select Library Science:
- Research successful selection and weeding criteria.
- Examine systems to facilitate acquisition of print and electronic materials.
- Gain an understanding of traditional and emerging publishing practices that impact library budgets and operations.
- Consider the benefits of consortia collection building.
- Learn material preservation techniques.
Youth Services in Public Libraries
- Investigate the full range of services associated with youth services including collection development, programming, readers advisory, reference, and information literacy.
- Explore trends in print and electronic materials available for children, tweens, and young adults.
- Reflect upon the impact libraries can have on the positive growth and development of youth
- Enjoy sampling award-winning children and youth literature.
Adult Readers’ Advisory Services
- Learn to make effective reading, listening, and viewing recommendations for adult library users.
- Gain experience with a core collection of reviewing resources.
- Build techniques for keeping abreast of the latest good reads.
- Expand programming with dynamic programming to encourage reading and use of library collections by adults.
- Survey current technologies used for library surveys and operations
- Learn core information systems hardware design principles, software applications, and networking protocols
- Gain knowledge of best practices in library IT program management
- Investigate applications of Web 2.0 and other advancing technologies in libraries
- Attain a foundation for adapting to changing technological demands
Completion of each course will earn 3 NKU Continuing Education Credits (equal to 30 contact hours.)
Registration Fee: $380.
These NKU courses are also recognized by the American Library Association for completion of the national Library Support Staff Certificate.
To register for these and other available classes, or for more information, please visit: https://nku.gosignmeup.com
and click on Library Science.
Or contact email@example.com for additional information.