The ACRL Digital Curation Interest Group is pleased to announce the following webinar, to take place on Wednesday, Dec. 5, at 3 PM Eastern / 2 PM Central / 12 PM Pacific:
Presentation: Collaborative Data Management Services at the University of California
- Joan Starr, EZID Service Manager and Manager, Strategic and Project Planning (California Digital Library)
- Perry Willet (Digital Preservation Service Manager (University of California Curation Center [UC3], California Digital Library)
- Claudia Horning, Head, Metadata Team (UCLA Library and Cataloging Metadata Center)
- Lisa Federer, Health and Life Sciences Librarian (UCLA Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library)
Abstract: Researchers are required by the National Science Foundation and other funding agencies to include data management plans with new grant proposals. Faced with this requirement, researchers are looking to libraries for help with various aspects of research data management and curation, from creating data management plans to archiving and providing access to their research data. The University of California Libraries deliver a growing range of services and tools such as the DMPTool, EZID, Merritt, Web Archiving Service and campus-based data management programs. In this webinar, we will introduce these services and tools and then highlight the approach that one UC campus, UCLA, is taking toward campus engagement and faculty outreach and the opportunities and challenges in developing library data services.
URL for webinar: http://ala.adobeconnect.com/acrldcigdec2012/
Recommendations for webinar connection
- Firefox is the preferred browser
- Make certain you have an updated version of Flash
We hope you’ll join us for what will be an informative presentation, with time allotted for questions and discussion!