LOEX 2013: CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Soon to be released in Music City – the ultimate Information Literacy Setlist!
41st Annual LOEX Conference
May 2 – 4, 2013
Proposals due: Friday, November 16, 2012
We invite you to submit proposals to be considered for presentation at the 41st Annual LOEX Conference in Nashville, Tennessee. The conference theme, Creating an Information Literacy Playlist, encompasses multiple aspects of a successful instruction and information literacy program.
Successful proposals should reflect elements of one of six tracks:
* Chart-Toppers — Assessment and Evaluation
* All Together Now — Collaborative Endeavors
* Talent Agents and Managers — Program Leadership and Professional Development
* Legendary Venues — Teaching and Learning Spaces
* Songwriter’s Alley — Instructional Design and Performance
* Mix It Up! — Technology and Innovation
Breakout Session Formats
Two types of proposals will be accepted:
* Presentation: A 50-minute session that includes time for a 40-45 minute presentation and 5-10 minutes of question and answer. Most feature a successful program, practice or key issue related to instruction or information literacy. Presentations are intended for an audience typically of 30-70 people. Presenters should include in the proposal description the topic and an outline of the presentation.
* Interactive Workshop: A 50-minute session where the presenter facilitates a learning experience in which attendees develop or explore teaching and/or research techniques. Presenters are expected to facilitate a well-planned and interactive session. Workshops are intended for an audience typically of 30-50 people. Proposals should include a description of the topic and details on how the presenter will make this session a “hands-on” experience for attendees.
Proposals can be submitted only through the online submission form and must be received by Friday, November 16, 2012. The primary contact for the proposal will receive a message indicating receipt of the proposal when it is submitted and will be notified if the proposal has been accepted for presentation by Friday, January 11, 2013.
If your proposal is accepted, then up to three presenters will be automatically registered for the conference and required to pay registration in full by Monday, March 25, 2013.
More information, including the proposal submission form, can be found at:
If you have any questions about submitting a proposal, contact Judy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org