Library 2017: Tech at Warp Speed
Featuring author and ALA TechSource columnist Jason Griffey
1:00 pm Central time on Friday, November 16
2:00pm Eastern |11:00am Mountain | 10:00am Pacific
NEW! American Libraries Live, a free streaming video broadcast viewable from your home, library or favorite wi-fi spot. AL Live allows viewers to watch broadcasts about library issues and trends in real time and interact with hosts via a live chat, offering immediate answers to your pressing questions. With the help of real-time technology, it’s like having your own experts on hand. Professionals like ALA TechSource columnist Jason Griffey, author of Mobile Technology and Libraries (THE TECH SET® #2), and other respected figures from the industry will address important topics such as how to get an ideal library job, the latest innovations in mobile services, digging into databases and the inside scoop on libraries and e-books.
In the first program, “Library 2017: Tech at Warp Speed,” airing at 1:00 pm Central time on Friday, November 16, Griffey will speak about libraries in the near future.
The programs are easy to view—just go to American Libraries Live. Upcoming broadcasts include:
- Nov. 16: Library 2017: Tech at Warp Speed
- Jan. 10: Landing Your Ideal Library Job
- Feb. 14: Mobile Services: The Library in Your Pocket
- March 14: Library Safety and Security
- April 11: The Present and Future of Ebooks
- May 9: Library Learning Goes Online
- June 6: New Technologies in Library Equipment
- July 30: Discovery Services: The Future of Library Systems
- Sept. 10: Digging into New Databases
American Libraries Live – a free service offering new and exciting ways to get to the heart of the real issues in our industry.