Date: Tuesday, January 25
2:00 PM Eastern
1:00 PM Central
12:00 PM Mountain
11:00 AM Pacific
Bullying is a hot-button topic, and while kids and adults alike acknowledge the distressing problem of peer intimidation, it remains a pervasive issue. Join Booklist Publications for an hourlong webinar on how high-quality children’s and young adult literature can help prevent bullying, including a presentation by James Howe, acclaimed author of The Misfits (2001).
Attendees will also learn about the eighth annual National No Name-Calling Week (January 24–28, 2011), created by the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) and Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. Sponsored by Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, GLSEN, Albert Whitman & Company, Rosen
Publishing, and Candlewick Press.
- James Howe, children’s and YA author
- Miriam Gilbert, Director, Rosen Publishing Online
- Michelle F. Bayuk, Director of Marketing, Albert Whitman & Company
- Sharon K. Hancock, Executive Director, School & Library Marketing, Candlewick Press
- Jenny Betz, Education Manager, Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
Don’t miss what is sure to be an informative session.*
This webinar will be archived and e-mailed to all registrants. If you cannot attend the live presentation, you should still register for the webinar in order to be notified when the archive is available for viewing.
*As a webinar registrant, you will receive follow-up correspondence from Booklist publications and may receive other special offers from our sponsors.