Defending the Right to Read: Celebrating Banned Books Week
featuring special guest Judy Blume
Librarians and teachers face more challenges than ever when it comes to defending children’s right to read. In celebration of Banned Books Week, this webinar features a stellar panel of experts who will discuss book rating systems, the impact of the Internet on challenges, the effect of censorship on children’s publishing, and how to best prepare for book challenges.
- Judy Blume, renowned author and longtime advocate of intellectual freedom
- Beverly Horowitz, Vice President and Publisher, Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers
- Nanette Perez, Program Officer, Office for Intellectual Freedom, American Library Association
- Kristin Pekoll, Young-Adult Librarian, West Bend (WI) Community Memorial Library
- Pat Scales, former school librarian and member of the National Coalition against Censorship Council of Advisors
Seating for this special event is limited.*
Reserve your seat today!
This webinar will be archived and e-mailed to all registrants. If you cannot attend the live presentation, you should still register for the webinar in order to be notified when the archive is available for viewing.
*As a webinar registrant, you will receive follow-up correspondence from Booklist publications and may receive other special offers from our sponsors