TAP Information Services and the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University Announce: “Trendy Topics: Digital Reference” Online Conference
This will be the 7th in a dynamic series of online conferences on hot topics. Individuals and groups may participate from wherever works best – no need to travel.
Conference Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2010, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Eastern, 10:00 Central, 9:00 Mountain, and 8:00 Pacific.
· Alison Miller from the Internet Public Library will provide the morning keynote on “Digital Reference Evolution.” She will address user needs and expectations along with librarian responses and best practices in the digital reference environment.
· R. David Lankes from Syracuse University will provide the afternoon keynote on “Reference in the Crowd.” He will address creating a whole new reference unrecognizable by our predecessors and infinitely better.
· Rose Chenoweth on “Virtual Valor”
· Mary-Carol Lindbloom on “Days of Future Past and Digital Reference”
· Samantha Thompson on “Virtual Reference in Virtual Worlds”
· Lori Bell and Tom Schmidt on “Mobile Reference”
Conference Series website: http://www.trendytopics.info
Conference schedule: http://www.trendytopics.info/T2Refschedule.pdf
Register online: http://www.eventbee.com/view/trendytopics/event?eid=65537
(If you prefer to pay by check rather than online via credit card, please contact Tom Peters at email@example.com.)
· $40 for individuals
· $100 for groups (that is, 3 or more individuals currently affiliated with the same organization. Group registration includes participating from up to 3 locations.)
· $30 for students
· San Jose State University SLIS faculty and students may participate at no charge. Please contact Lori Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org for a coupon code. For more information on the Trendy Topics series of online conferences, please contact Lori Bell at email@example.com or Tom Peters at TAP Information Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.