Join MLA InSight for our upcoming Summit: Moving Toward Equitable Health Sciences Knowledge Sharing
The Medical Library Association (MLA) invites you to attend the upcoming Summit dedicated to Moving Toward Equitable Health Sciences Knowledge Sharing, the next event in the MLA InSight Initiative. This Summit will feature a keynote speaker and three expert panels who will discuss issues and advances toward equity in scholarly communication, with an emphasis on health sciences publishing. All events will be held virtually via Zoom, May 4-6, 2021.
Speakers: To learn more about the keynote speaker and panelists, please visit our Summit webpage and view the program below.
Register: To register, please complete the registration form.
You will be asked to log into your MLANET account to register. If you do not have a MLANET account, you will be prompted to create a free guest account. The whole process takes fewer than 5 minutes. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m., Central time on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. Attendance at all Summit events is highly encouraged but not required. Zoom links and other details will be sent one week before the Summit.
Moving Toward Equitable Health Sciences Knowledge Sharing
Tuesday, May 4, 1:45-2:45pm CT
Sandra Harris-Hooker, PhD, Vice President & Executive Vice Dean, Research & Academic Administration; Professor, Pathology & Anatomy, Morehouse School of Medicine
Panel 1: Dissemination of critical information to all health populations
Wednesday, May 5, 11:05am-12:05pm CT
- Brooke Cunningham, MD, PhD, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Robert L. Jennings, National Public Health Information Coalition
- Laka Mitiku Negassa, MPH, RespectAbility
Panel 2: Representation and exclusion in scholarly publishing
Wednesday, May 5, 1:45-2:45pm CT
- Leslie Chan, University of Toronto – Scarborough
- Vabren Watts, PhD, Health Equity Project at Health Affairs
- Kerry Webb, The University of Texas Press
Panel 3: Race & medical publishing
Thursday, May 6, 12:15-1:30pm CT
- Lisa Barkley, MD, FAAFP, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
- Mary Beth Hamel, MD, MPH, New England Journal of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Monica Lypson, MD, MHPE, The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Margaret Moss, PhD, JD, RN, FAAN, University of British Columbia
Questions? Please contact Mary Langman.
John Gallagher, Chair, MLA InSight Steering Committee