If you are planning to attend the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, we hope that you’ll join the American Psychological Association for the following events—
1. Presentation of the APA Excellence in Librarianship Award
Saturday, June 29, 2013 — 3:00 to 4:00 pm.
The APA Award will be presented at the 7th annual EBSS (Education and Behavioral Sciences Section) Research Forum, which runs from 3:00 to 4:00 pm. The event will be held at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel, Field 20A-C.
2. American Psychological Association Librarians Roundtable Breakfast
Sunday, June 30, 2013 — 8:00 to 10:00 am.
This is your chance to share your library’s news and needs with APA. It also gives you an opportunity to get inside updates about APA’s publishing program. The event includes a full breakfast and interactive discussion with members of the PsycINFO team: Susan Hillson, Manager, Customer Relations; Alvin Walker, Manager of Product Development; and Alison Cody and Michael Miyazaki, Training Specialists .
If you would like to attend, please RSVP here: http://bit.ly/ala2013breakfast
3. American Psychological Association’s Lunch & Learn
Monday, July 1, 2013 – Noon to 1:30 pm.
This training session includes lunch and will provide you with a chance to:
• Learn about new content and features available from APA
• Get tips on how to leverage your investment in APA databases by integrating APA’s free training resources into your bibliographic instruction programs, academic curriculum, and course management systems.
• Learn new tips and tricks for efficiently and effectively searching APA resources on various vendor platforms.
• This session is especially geared for behavioral science librarians, academic reference, subject specialists, and instruction librarians.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP here: http://bit.ly/ala2013lunch
We hope to see you in Chicago! Please direct any questions about our events to email@example.com.